Top 10 Ways Gratitude Enhances Your Life
This post is a simple and quick reminder that it all gets better with a deep focus on gratitude.
If you know me at all, you know I have many mentors that help keep my mental and spiritual train moving forward.
Some of those mentors don’t even know that they are mentoring me but regardless, I am still blessed to have them in my life.
Tony Robbins said, where your focus goes, energy flows. The question now becomes, why don’t we focus on gratitude every single moment of every single day?
Gratitude Exercise From Tony
Ready to Live a Grateful life?
Every time I hear that it’s as if I am hearing it for the first time. That’s because timeless truth like that will always be true no matter what.
So let me ask you. Have you noticed all the abundance that surrounds you in your life right now? Or are you wasting your time wondering about who or what is going to make you whole again?
Do you see Abundance?
Abundance surrounds you in many ways. Regardless of your station in life, there are many things that gratify you. What are you thankful for? Take a moment to ponder them.
Seriously, I want you to do this right now and just get present!!!
While you are doing that, I also want you to take a moment to pause and get ready to see how well you do compared to this list of things you can do to immediately enhance your life RIGHT NOW!!!
Consider the ways that having gratitude makes your life better:
- You’ll be more enthusiastic. Research shows that when subjects recorded what they were thankful for in a journal on a regular basis, they reported having a larger sense of enthusiasm for their life than those who didn’t write about their gratitude. Acknowledge your gratitude. You’ll be glad you did!
- You’ll feel more determined to achieve your goals. When you take notice of the good things you have, you’re more likely to put your nose to the grindstone and keep working for whatever else you desire.
- Your level of optimism will soar. According to several studies, those who documented what they were thankful for were much more positive about how their life was going and how it would proceed. Being optimistic will fuel your passion to construct the life you deserve.
- Energy levels increase. If you have gratitude, you’ll have more energy to create the life you desire. Being aware of what you’re thankful for galvanizes your efforts to discover all that your life can be.
- You’ll pay more attention. Being thankful ensures you’ll be more alert and aware of how your life is going, what you’re doing, and how you can continue to build the life you seek.
- Levels of stress drop. As you live a life of gratitude, things that used to stress you out will lose their power. Instead, you’ll be entrenched in the wonderful world you’re living in.
- You’ll feel more content with life. Those who consciously have gratitude experience reduced levels of depression.
- You’ll exercise more. Those who show a sense of thankfulness had higher reports of exercising more than those who weren’t keeping a gratitude journal.
- Providing aid to others will come easier to you. When you notice all the positive things surrounding you, you’ll reach out to help others more often. When your soul is flooded with light and positivity, you’ll feel more like being there for others.
- You’ll discover the life you truly want. As unusual as it may sound, the research about gratitude indicates that those who have thankfulness in their hearts are more likely to achieve their goals. As your thankfulness grows, your dream life is built.
Open your eyes to the bounties that grace your world. When you do, you’ll live a more fulfilling life. Allow yourself to feel passionate about the color of the fall leaves, the peacefulness of the snow falling, or the beauty of the blue sky. Notice the feel of a warm coat against your skin or the love in your child’s hug. Maybe you’re even grateful for that first cup of morning coffee.
Get started today on your own gratitude journal. Write about everything that you’re grateful for. As you begin to give thanks, you’ll find your dreams coming true.
Be sure to check out what you missed below!